Our citywide Let’s Do London campaign, led by the London Tourism Recovery Board, aimed to drive consumer spend and footfall across London's tourism, retail, hospitality and cultural sectors.
London needed a consumer recovery campaign – international and domestic visitors to London spent nearly £11bn less year-on-year in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As part of the Mayor of London's £6m recovery fund, London & Partners has convened the tourism industry and delivered a recovery marketing campaign to support the reopening of central London, with an initial focus on a domestic audience.
About the Let's Do London campaign
The Let’s Do London recovery leisure campaign aimed to generate incremental visits and consumer spend across our key target audiences: Londoners, domestic daytrippers and overnight stays.
To attract London visits, we inspired our audiences while also reassuring them that London can be visited safely, in line with the UK government’s roadmap and guidelines.
The business tourism side of the campaign also aimed to encourage the domestic business community and event planners to bring their events, conferences and meetings to London to help protect jobs in the hospitality industry.
The campaign launched on 10 May, led by the Tourism Recovery Board, delivered by London & Partners and supported by the Mayor of London, Transport for London and key tourism stakeholders.
All London tourism businesses from across the leisure, culture and hospitality sectors were invited to use the campaign or support it.
- A total of £70m in additional visitor spend was generated.
- The return on investment was 18:1.
- Value in Kind reached £4.6m.
- #LetsDoLondon received 5m engagements on social media.
- We reached 93% of our target audience.
- Individuals able to recall the campaign were twice as likely to intend to visit.
- Individuals able to recall the campaign visited 2.5 times more than those who did not recall the campaign.
- One in three of the target audience were able to recall the campaign.
- The campaign received 1,130 pieces of UK media coverage.
Be part of the Let’s Do London campaign
You can still get involved in the Let’s Do London campaign with free-to-use downloadable materials, toolkits and more great assets.
- Download the Let’s Do London toolkit [PDF 61.2 MB] and assets [WeTransfer folder 181 MB] to use in your content and campaigns.
- Use the Let’s Do London campaign name and logo to promote your business, organisations, offers, products and more.
- Promote your business to customers on your social media channels with the #LetsDoLondon hashtag.
- Head over to the official image library at photos.london for London imagery.