How we are run
London & Partners is a not-for-profit public-private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London, European and national funds, our network of partners and other commercial ventures.
London & Partners is a company limited by guarantee and our members (the equivalent of shareholders) are the Mayor of London, ABTA, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Society of London Theatre and UK Hospitality.
The London & Partners board is made up of industry experts from the private sector.
It comprises of up to 10 non-executive directors and two executive directors. The Mayor of London appoints the chairman and one other director. Other non-executive directors are appointed by the members on the recommendation of the board.
The board is responsible for:
- Managing the company’s business, as set out in the Articles of Association.
- Leading the development of strategies, policies and plans to discharge London & Partners’ purposes.
- Monitoring the performance of the company, to ensure that it meets its strategic objectives and targets.
- Promoting high standards of propriety, best practice and the efficient and effective use of staff and resources.
Board committees and subsidiary companies
Other specific responsibilities are delegated to its principle committees and subsidiary company boards.
Each of these operates within defined terms of reference:
- Terms of reference for the Audit and Finance Committee [PDF 141 KB].
- Terms of reference for the Remuneration Committee [PDF 212 KB].
- Terms of reference for the Nomination Committee [PDF 124 KB].
- Terms of reference for Dot London Domains Limited [PDF 88 KB].
- Terms of reference for London & Partners Ventures [PDF 88 KB].
The board is committed to the highest standards of corporate governance, as an important part of an effective and efficient approach to managing the company and its subsidiaries.
Learn more about the board and its members.
Our Management Committee
Our Management Committee is responsible for the overall direction, performance and culture of the organisation.
The majority of decisions are made by two programme boards made up of the Management Committee and representatives of the wider Senior Leadership Team.
The outcomes board oversees the delivery of the company's activities to ensure that we achieve our outcomes for London. The corporate board ensures that we are an effective and well-run organisation.
You can find further information about our governance in our Delegation of Authority [PDF 116 KB].
Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director, Operations & Governance
Managing Director, Business
Director, Strategy & Corporate Affairs
Managing Director, Markets