The official convention bureaus for London and Paris have announced today a new partnership which will see the two cities working together for the first time to deliver a unique two-in-one incentive trip.
The landmark agreement between the London Convention Bureau and the Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau will see two of the world’s most iconic cities join forces to offer a new range of exciting incentive travel products, aimed at inspiring North American incentive buyers to book a 2-in-1 trip for their clients.
A variety of specialised itineraries have been created and will allow delegates to take in the very best new cultural attractions, hotels, restaurants and “money-can’t-buy” experiences across both London and Paris.
The itineraries have been curated to showcase how easy it is to enjoy both cities in one amazing incentive trip and includes an official partnership with Eurostar for an effortless journey from city-centre to city-centre in just over 2-hours.
London and Paris are two of the world’s most visited cities, with latest data revealing the combined number of top of the range restaurants, world class museums, cultural attractions, parks and hotels, that could all be part of 2-in-1 incentive trip.
Paris and London in numbers:
• Over 3,600 hotels
• Over 2,000 venues
• 9 international airports
• Up to 16 Eurostar trains connecting the two cities, departing daily
• 192 Michelin restaurants
• 325 museums
• 62,753 restaurants
• 506 theatres
• 5 UNESCO heritage sites
• 635 parks and gardens
Joshua Novick, VP Business Tourism at London Convention Bureau said: “London and Paris are two of the world’s top business and leisure travel destinations, making this a really powerful offer for incentive planners. With so many great hotels, cultural attractions, parks, restaurants and experiences, we are excited to be able to bring such a unique incentive offering to the market. London is open to collaboration with other likeminded, global cities and by working together as we are doing in this way, we can offer a once-in-a-lifetime incentive travel experience that allows delegates to experience two amazing cities in one epic trip.”
Corinne Menegaux, General Manager of the Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau added: “Paris & London are an ideal 2-in-1 destination to hold a conference or an incentive. These cities are internationally renowned for numerous reasons such as the quality of their infrastructures, their trendy hotels and innovative activities. Both cities combine leisure & business attractions that are the keys to successful events and they have a constantly evolving offer to make the ‘Old World’ very attractive! If you’re looking for an unusual place to organize a meeting or a dinner, the two capitals are available for private hire, with a wide range of venues ranging from iconic museums to cutting-edge galleries and revolutionary conference centres.”
Inge Bauwens, Lead Sales Manager, Eurostar said: “It’s easy to fit the best of London and Paris in to a single trip, with a seamless Eurostar journey between the two cities in just over two hours. For those looking to make the journey even more enjoyable, groups that have booked an entire coach can add an exclusive experience on board, with themes ranging from food and drink to arts and culture available to entertain guests whilst they travel.”
Incentive buyers looking to plan a trip to London and Paris will have a whole range of new experiences to take advantage of, with many new venues, hotels and cultural attractions set to open in both cities in the next few months and years. Some of the top new experiences to look out for across both cities include:
• Live like a Rock Star (London): Feel like rock stars during a stay at the Hard Rock Hotel London (opening April 2019) - exclusive Rock Royalty rooms, rock'n'roll cocktails, and Fender guitars complete the experience.
• Jo&Joe Paris-Gentilly (Paris): your attendees can be the first to try out new concept hotel, Jo&Joe Paris-Gentilly (opening April 2019). This trendy spot features a laid-back atmosphere, communal spaces, and a gorgeous garden for guests.
• Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London): The sports-mad among your group will love to tour Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the new home of Premier League soccer giants nicknamed “Spurs” – the stadium is hosting two NFL London Games in 2019.
• Illucity (Paris): Groups can become immersed in incredible multiplayer hyper-reality experiences at Illucity – the first virtual reality adventure park of its kind in Europe
Many of the new itineraries put together for this collaboration feature top suggestions for wellness activities to reward delegates. Some of the highlights include:
• Run with an Olympian in Regent’s Park (London): Treat your delegates to a once-in-a-lifetime run through Regent’s Park with an Olympian. Jog around the gorgeous grounds of the Royal Park and enjoy a series of smoothie stops along the way.
• Sunset Cruise down the River Seine (Paris): Cruise down the river as the sun begins to set onboard Ducasse sur Seine – the first 100% electric boat in Paris. A private salon is available for hire, offering an exclusive dinner and breathtaking views of the Eiffel Tower.
• Borough Market personalised chef tour (London): Head over to Borough Market for a personalized tour with the Shangri-La Hotel’s executive chef. From street food to artisan chocolate, this sustainability-focused market offers some of the tastiest dishes in London.
• Spa trip and behind the scenes tour of Palace of Versailles (Paris): You can also couple exclusive access at Spa Guerlain in the Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace - Versailles with a behind-the-scenes tour of the magnificent Palace of Versailles.
A 2-in-1 London and Paris incentive trip can also offer a range of money-can’t-buy experiences. Some of the stand-out luxury experiences being offered as part of the new packages include:
• Exclusive tour with a Beefeater at Tower of London (London): Get a behind-the-scenes look around the Tower of London with a Yeoman Warder, otherwise known as Beefeaters, on an exclusive Secrets of the Tower tour. If you’re exploring at night, see the crown jewels sparkle on an after-hours visit, followed by dinner in the White Tower.
• VIP Parisian shopping experience (Paris): Check out the latest Parisian fashion during a private VIP shopping experience at iconic department store, Le BHV Marais. Or, head over to Avenue Montaigne to hunt down designer brands and luxury labels, from Chanel and Prada to Louis Vuitton. Fashion fans can also explore the Musée Yves St Laurent Museum Paris on a group visit.
• Wine tasting in the Crypt at Fortnum & Mason (London): Head to luxurious Fortnum & Mason – grocer to the Queen – for an intimate wine-tasting experience in the atmospheric Crypt, which is only available for small private bookings.
• Guided tours at the Louvre (Paris): France’s most-treasured attractions: the Louvre. Incentive planners can book a guided tour for attendees to discover the museum’s vast collection of artworks and must-see gems, including the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo.
For more information about all the suggested itineraries and to send your request for proposal for a 2-in-1 London-Paris incentive trip, please visit: https://www.londonandparis.com/incentives
Notes to Editors
Press images and London-Paris Infographic can be found HERE
About London Convention Bureau
London & Partners is the official convention bureau for London. As part of the Mayor of London's promotional company, our team can help you access the widest range of London event space, unusual conference venues, business hotels and event planning available in this top congress destination. http://conventionbureau.london/
Ben Pattie - Senior Communications Manager for Business
London & Partners Media & PR Team
Tel: +44 (0)20 7234 5710
Switch: +44 (0)20 7234 5800