What Does the Survey Contain?
A series of profile questions such as nationality, age, purpose of visit and type and location of accommodation used are asked together with a variety of other questions. These include:
- Rating of serviced accommodation for quality of service, rooms and value for money
- Knowledge of and intentions to visit selected attractions
- Visits elsewhere in Britain
- Opinions on the price of various services
- Perceptions of personal safety
- Areas for improving London's tourism product
- Anticipated timing and frequency of repeat visits to London
How is the Survey Conducted?
Face-to-face interviews are conducted with visitors in London at different locations, with approximately 5,000 interviews being conducted each year.
The survey began in September 2006.