We are a Top 100 full service UK law firm with strong international links. We have over 70 partners and total staff of just under 360. We have obtained the “Lexcel” quality standard awarded by The Law Society for best practice. Our commitment to high quality legal advice is backed by a track record which dates back 300 years. We pay great attention to matching your requirements with the right skills, delivered cost effectively and within the appropriate timescale.
We are a Top 100 full service UK law firm with strong international links. We have over 70 partners and total staff of just under 360. We have obtained the “Lexcel” quality standard awarded by The Law Society for best practice.
Our commitment to high quality legal advice is backed by a track record which dates back 300 years. We pay great attention to matching your requirements with the right skills, delivered cost effectively and within the appropriate timescale.
How we work
We place great emphasis on communicating in a friendly, efficient and professional manner. Our lawyers are proud of our creative, go-ahead approach and always try to add value, in particular through bespoke fixed fee structures which provide certainty to clients. We would listen to your concerns, respond to queries quickly and keep you up to date with developments without being asked. We are conscious that our culture and close relationships with our clients are vital assets and we are determined to maintain these as we expand.
Where we work
We have a broad international focus which is crucial to developing and maintaining client relationships. As a founder member of Multilaw (a leading global network of independent law firms) we have access to over 6,000 multi-disciplinary lawyers across 150 commercial centres worldwide. We are also members of the European Law Group, which has 14 member firms across Europe. Our clients range from private individuals and owner managed businesses to multi-national corporations, public companies, professional partnerships, banks and financial institutions. We act for a large number of international clients with interests both in the UK and overseas; and often act for emerging high growth companies looking to establish a presence in the UK and Europe.
Specialist lawyers from our North American Group work seamlessly with our leading Technology Group, frequently advising US and Canadian businesses in relation to their UK and European activities.
Type of Company
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital/development capital transactions, corporate simplification and reorganisations
- Fund raisings, public offerings and general corporate finance advice
- Stand alone and transactional corporate tax advice
- Intellectual property advice, brand protection strategy, IP portfolio management, licensing, protection and litigation
- Joint ventures, contracts with strategic partners, advice on distribution networks
- Regulatory advice, including on privacy, data protection, electronic commerce and consumer protection
- Workforce issues - including employing foreign nationals
- Commercial dispute resolution – including mediation, arbitration and litigation – particularly for the tech sector
- Competition law advice
- Company secretarial unit
- Corporate governance
- Corporate set-up (and related services) and annual company secretarial services
- Developing and managing property assets, including property tax
- Leading private client and immigration teams advising individuals on foreign relocation
London & Partners’ Client Offer
- Two hour maximum free consultation to learn more about Penningtons LLP and the services it can provide to assist with client strategy and objectives
- Menu of options to choose from under our bespoke full-service fixed fee package “TransAct”
- Free meeting room availability across our network of offices (subject to availability on the day)
- 10% discount off of our normal rates
'… the professional attitude of the firm “starts from the minute you walk through their front door”’ Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession 2011
'This was a complicated transaction and a vast amount of difficult work had to be covered in a short time. The Penningtons team delivered admirably’ Jimmy Contractor, Company Secretary, Tata Limited
'Twentieth Century Fox Group has instructed Penningtons for several years. They are tactically astute, extremely pro-active and add strategic value to our organisation. They have a thorough understanding of the sector that we work in. They are also incredibly accessible and give their advice in a non-legalistic way, both of which are vital when dealing with the US parent.' Andy Pavlou, HR director, Twentieth Century Fox
James Klein, Partner, Head of London Corporate
Penningtons Solicitors LLP, Abacus House, 33 Gutter Lane, London, EC2V 8AR
Tel: +44 (0)20 7457 3048
M: +44 (0)7730 580666
This content was provided by Penningtons Solicitors LLP.
Contact us to receive a free introduction to Penningtons Solicitors LLP and find out more about how Penningtons Solicitors LLP can help your business set up, succeed and grow in London.