Since 1994 we've helped companies from more than 40 countries set up and thrive here, giving us a first-hand insight into how overseas organisations can fast track expansion with a London base.
The list of 100 Companies to Watch is testament to London's resilience and diversity, but more significantly it is a celebration of overseas businesses that are successfully shaping the UK capital's economic landscape.
Shaping London's Global Economy
The list is split into a selection of eight archetypes; distinct groups that we think will come to define London's role in the global economy:
- Industry Innovators: These companies are at the cutting-edge, combining determination with radical thinking to move their industries forward
- Go-ahead Globalisers: Having set up vital operations in London, these companies are driving rapid and successful growth in markets and territories across the globe
- Green Pioneers: As leaders in the low-carbon economy, these companies are developing the know-how and technology to help green the planet
- Niche and Nimble: These highly specialized firms are succeeding through opportune, targeted and speedy expansion into new markets world-wide
- Knowledge Champions: These organisations are developing and nurturing knowledge and expertise for broader personal, social and business gain
- Intelligent Optimisers: Canny consolidation and clever take-overs have seen these firms thrive during challenging economic times
- Flagships: These companies have set up outstanding showcases of products, services and expertise
- Great Inventions: These firms are true revolutionaries, creating entirely new business models and industry sub-sectors