Contract: 8 Months Paternity Cover (Feb - Sep 2015)
Closing date: 24 Nov 2014
Start date: Feb 2015
POSITION TITLE: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTING TO: IT MANAGER
CONTRACT: 8 MONTHS PATERNITY COVER (FEB – SEP 2015)
London & Partners is the official promotional company for London. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
Working with the IT Manager to administer all aspects of London & Partners’ IT systems: including Virtualisation, SAN, Windows servers and desktops, Linux servers, printers, networking (LAN and WAN), remote access, telephony (fixed line and mobile) and A/V equipment.
Although this is primarily an administration role, the successful candidate will need to provide some end user support and be flexible in supporting overseas offices out of hours.
- Administer VMWare cluster and NetApp SAN
- Monitor network, server and application health and performance
- Build and deploy new equipment
- Maintain standard build specifications for desktop PCs
- Apply security, anti-virus and other updates to the PC estate
- Perform backup and restore operations
- Provide Linux and web hosting support to the Web Development team.
- Maintain DR server environment in a state of readiness
- Provide out of hours cover for overseas offices and remote workers
- Assist with planning and projects to implement new solutions
The successful candidate will demonstrate:-
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant and extensive second / third line support experience port
- MS Certification or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of the following technologies:
- NetApp storage
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008 R2 (Active Directory, WINS etc.)
- MS Exchange 2010
- Citrix / Terminal Server
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Linux administration (Red Hat or Centos ideally)
- Tomcat Application Server
- Apache or other http server (Lighttpd, nginx etc.)
- Networks – switches, routers, firewalls
- HP/Xerox/Canon Printers
- Experience of the following also desirable:
- Mitel VOIP systems
- Mac OS X
- MS SQL Server
- MS SharePoint Server
- MS Dynamics CRM
- MS Dynamics NAV
- Cloud hosting
Personal style and behaviour
- Positive can-do attitude
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable & trustworthy