Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Sales Plan + PRP + Benefits
Closing date: 15 July 2015
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Manager MENA
REPORTING TO: Senior BDM - Northern Europe & MENA
DEPARTMENT: International Trade & Investment
Please note that London & Partners is not a sponsoring organisation. Applicants must have existing right to work permanently in the UK. There will be no opportunity for sponsorship or visa extensions.
London & Partners is the official promotional company for London. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
This role sits within the International Trade & Investment EMEA & Latin America team.
The purpose of the role is to encourage investment into London and assist international companies to set up a presence in London. The role manages a mixed portfolio of strategic inward investment and regeneration projects in addition to qualifying and developing new projects/markets.
- Provide high-level client management services to support businesses setting up in London.
- Pursue leads to ensure the highest possible conversion rate for successful inward investments into London.
- Influence clients to choose London as a location over other potential destinations.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with London & Partners’ Commercial Partners and intermediaries such as UK Trade & Investment, Chambers of Commerce, Embassies, etc.
- Take a lead role in representing London & Partners at external fora
- Organise visit programmes and escort potential investors/delegations where appropriate while in London.
- Collaborate with other EMEA team members and with other departments in cross-functional initiatives and undertake any other projects or special assignments which may from time to time be required.
- Assist the Heads of Geographic Regions or Sales Director in implementation of the business plan.
- Maintain accurate data in the CRM system and produce sales activity reports and other management information.
- Delivery of successful performance against primary, secondary and tertiary business objectives, as defined in the Sales Plan.
- Delivery against business objectives not specifically defined in the Sales Plan, but which are required for stakeholder reporting.
- Balance success across Central London and London sub-regions.
- Maintain sufficient pipeline cover in all actively targeted regions to ensure delivery against key performance criteria.
- Senior BDM Northern Europe & MENA
- Wider EMEA team
- Relevant UK Trade & Investment contacts
- Commercial partners
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and experience
- Education: degree level or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- Specific role experience: experience in a sales or marketing environment and comfortable working in a target driven business.
- Understanding of, and interest in, Middle East business culture and wider society
- Language: fluency in English (written/spoken). Additional languages such as Arabic or Turkish is desirable
- IT: knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is necessary as is an understanding of CRM systems in general. Experience in CRM systems is a plus.
Personal style and behaviour
- Articulate, dynamic, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org